This is my video on how to get the Ported Touchwiz based KitKat 4.4.2 update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Since Samsung has announced that they will not be updating the I9300 to KitKat, but have updated the Korean Variant from which this has been ported, this seems to be the only way we can get a taste of KitKat on our I9300….
1. This is meant only for the I9300.
2. You need to be rooted and have a custom recovery like Philz Touch or CWM.
3. Please backup all Apps & Data before you follow this tutorial.
4. Check the end of the video for languages supported.
5. Your warranty will be void once you do this (but I guess most people’s S3s would already be out of warranty (: )
If you want to root your Galaxy S3 and install a custom recovery – http://youtu.be/WPHL8rQwThc
Files to Download:
The Ported KitKat Firmware –
Twitter: @C4ETech (https://twitter.com/C4ETech)
Website – http://omegadroid.co
arter97 from XDA for the ROM